Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tri Run Through

So last Friday we did the Pineappleman Tri Runthrough. It was quite tough wind was coming out or the south west at about 20-25 mph. 2-3 foot rollers in the river it was awesome. .4mi swim in 13:46 the time to where T1 occurs was 15:00. Hopped on the bike pulling it out of my car and getting my shoes on in the parking lot (not ideal conditions) and rode the 15 mile bike in 43:20 to get off the bike at 59:15, I think. Then made a quick transition to the run chugging half a bottle of gatorade as I did not have my aero bar bottle and did not drink at all on the bike. Started running and ran pretty smoothly into the first 1.5 miles and got a little tired and walked a small amount and then ran it out. Well I made a wrong turn and and added an extra half mile to the run where I ended up getting really tired yaddie yaddie yaahhhh I made it back on the run in 41:20 for 3.8 miles. Total time for tri Run through was 1:41:xx. Not too shabby considering the conditions. My Desoto lift foil tri suit worked great, I stayed cool throughout the whole deal, I did not notice much on the swim because of the choppy conditions. Thats enough about that.

Recovered all weekend long and then Monday I managed to do a very nice 15 mile ride and a 2 mile brick. Actually it was 16.2mi in 58:20. Very slow due to conditions wind was ripping. We also had a new guy riding with us and we waited a bit for him. Then the new guy Devin and I went for a 2 mile run afterwards. The run felt really good made it in 18:00 flat. I felt pretty good about that since I really did not get the heart rate up too high and felt like I had more speed in me.

New update leg is hurting today from yesterdays run. It is the left leg same place as it was early last month. I am going to pay close attention to it and run at a reasonable pace and listen to my body. Oh by the way I am making an appointment with a GP/Sports MED Doctor sometime the end of the month. Hopefully we will get an X-Ray and a positive diagnosis of what the pain is. Anyway, I guess this is enough for now. Good night and Thanks to Jamesha and others for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I got a shot out!!!!! I'm such a fan!!! That STINKS that you made a wrong turn b/c weren't you using this as your baseline to see how much you improved. How are you going to figure out your 'true' baseline? Good luck at the doc's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries on the baseline. I know improvements will be made, and I will be proud of any time I finish with. But I am doing a tri in 2 weeks and that will be a good baseline for my speed in each event and I can extrapolate data from that.

    ReplyDelete