Wednesday, April 8, 2009

40 Mile Deer Park Ride/Supposed to be a Brick

So I skipped the swim today because I had big plans to brick it up today. I ate well all day in preparation for the workout and felt really good at first. I rode with some really fast guys, and was hoping to push it real hard to stay within a mile or 2 of them.....Well I drank a NOS caffeine drink about an hour before the ride something I have never done....Like I said I went out really hard the first 13 miles and felt pretty good. Then I slowly started running out of energy, but it went well until about mile 35. I crashed and hard. I have never bonked so hard in my experiences cycling. I guess it happens to everyone, but I was quite disappointed. Needless to say I did not make the run. So the NOS drink/caffeine drink will never be consumed prior to a long workout again, you live and learn, glad to find this out on a training day. Back in the water tomorrow and back on the bike again tomorrow I cannot back down. Stronger body, Stronger mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment