Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update

So I did my 8 mile run on Sunday. things went well. Stopped aobut half way for some gatorade, and did it in 1:23:30. I am pretty happy with that, because around mile 7 I really picked up the pace for a good bit. It felt really good. Got home and ate dinner....Then there was some tightness in my lower left calf inside. I asked Katie to look at it, for those who don't know Katie is almost a graduate of Athletic Training from UNF, she examined me and prodded around to find what she said could be a stress fracture. She believes this based on the localization and location of the pain. I will be staying off of it until Wednesday Brick day.

Monday I worked till about 630 and then got home to do some pushups. 200 pushups in about 1.5 hours. I was hurting.

Today, Tuesday I went to the pool for a nice little swim. I did 100 yard warmup and then knocked out another 900 yards. I really had fun and I am getting more confident every day. I am beginning to like swimming believe it or not. Plus the weather has been awesome which makes going to the pool well worth it. So it was 1000 yards in 24:38. Lots of fun. And finished it off with a set of 15 pushups.

Good night.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Do you this Gate River Run will be good for you stress fracture?!?! I'd hate for it to turn into something worse. Biking and swimming seem to be fine, but the thought of running makes me hurt and I don't have a stress fracture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my spelling really stunk on that comment. I think it's my bedtime!!!! Let's translate that first sentence: "Do you think this Gate River Run will be good for your stress fracture?!?!"...yes, that's better! Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I may have to lay off the running for at least a couple of weeks. It is kinda discouraging, but it will not keep me down. It does not hut while running or after just when you poke and praud at it. So I will not be doing that.

    ReplyDelete