Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lotsof pushups

Alright so I wanted to swim today at lunch, but did not make it to the pool.....Will be in the pool 3 days next week for sure. Instead I did 5 sets of 20 pushups at work before I left. I felt great doing them. Then Got home from work and decided to do a modified crossfit run. Knocked out 10 pullups (jumping still) and then 10 pushups every mile for a 5.25 mile run. Which equals 50 pushups and stopped for a set of 5 pullups, then finished the run off with a set of 25 pushups very hard pushups I might add, got my HR to spike to 174 at the very end and felt pretty good there. I feel like my threshold for longer durations at higher HR is getting easier. I like this. Means faster is coming soon. AVG HR was 158 today. Oh I hit my mark of 500 pushups for the week today. Glad to have it done and let the chest and shoulders have a couple days of rest. Next training day will be Sunday and 8 mile run in preparation for the 15K. I am not looking forward to it, but I need to put the time in. Good night to everyone and Good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment