Tuesday, February 3, 2009

02/03/09

Had a long weekend. My Grandfather passed away quite unexpectedly. Training was the furthest thing from my mind. I believe I would make him proud with all the activity I have been doing. Thats all I have to say about that....

Had an awesome swim today. I picked up some webbed swimming gloves, they are effective. I was pretty well wore out by the time I hit 550 yards in the pool with them on. That is what I have decided to do from now on is warm up with 550 yards with the gloves on, then finish off my swim without them. 550 yards is a little longer than the Sprint Triathlon I am training for (Pineappleman) .3 mi swim 15 mi bike and 3.3 mi run. All was good after I took the gloves off and knocked out another 450 yards. It was a great 1000 yard swim in 24:42... If you have been reading a while, My swim has improved by over 200 yards in the 25 minutes range. I feel like I make strides every time I get in the water. The webbed gloves will definitely make me stronger and slow my stroke down a bit. I like it. I hope all are doing well and having fun out there.

Tomorrow is supposed to be brick day, but it will be in the 30's and being in florida most of us do not have great winter gear, so I am thinking of riding on the trainer at least for an hour.

Friday should be a great ride on a new route. I am pretty excited it is flat and clean asphault so it should be great for some faster base miles. I plan on riding with some new guys who are quite fast and I am hoping to push myself pretty hard.

I am running a 10K on saturday and that is going to be pretty fun, my goal is to hammer it out in 60 minutes, we will see what happens, my legs may be kinda beat up from the friday ride, but who knows. Keep on keeping on......

No comments:

Post a Comment